Our Corporate Policy
In addition to the mission statement, the binding Quality, Environment and Occupational Health & Safety policy forms an integral part of the management tools adopted at Schenker Storen AG and Schenker Stores France SA. In order to implement this policy, we follow a quality, environment and safety system that is certified according to ISO 9001, ISO 1400 and OHSAS 18001.
The aim of the Integrated Management System (IMS) is to ensure continuous improvement with regard to performance in terms of the Quality, Environment and Occupational Health & Safety policy (H&S). We provide all the information and resources needed to achieve this. Within the framework of the IMS, we set ourselves hierarchically structured and coordinated goals, and define the measures needed to attain them and monitor our progress on the basis of key performance indicators.
We also set ourselves the task of maintaining risk awareness, ensuring our processes are systemised as well as storing and preserving our knowledge. Implementing and constantly improving the IMS guarantees the above tasks are fulfilled.
The system behind IMS also ensures we are aware of changes in legal requirements so that we may comply with and fulfil the relevant legal and regulatory provisions.
- We want to know our customers and their needs, so that we can fulfil their expectations.
- We want to provide high quality at all stages in the value chain: Planning - development - pur-chasing - manufacture sales/resale - delivery, installation, service, dismantling and disposal.
- Our error reporting system guarantees the correction of errors, as soon as possible, and the systematic investigation of their causes.
- We involve our suppliers and subcontractors in our efforts to ensure quality.
- We want to be able to deliver high quality products at competitive prices.
- We want to constantly reduce errors and work towards sustainable solutions aimed at contin-uously improving quality. And we also count on our employees’ initiative.
- We want to use natural resources responsibly with care.
- We want to address environmental issues at all levels of the value chain - from strategic planning through to operational implementation and scheduling.
- We want to steadily improve our environmental performance, which is why we set goals, take appropriate measures and constantly review our progress. Compliance with legal / regulatory requirements is a matter of course for us.
- We want to utilise and use energy efficiently. Compliance with legal / regulatory requirements is self-evident.
- We record the energy flows within the company and draw up a programme of measures to improve energy efficiency.
- We want to take action that is technologically appropriate and effective, as well as steps towards organisational or behavioural changes, in order to achieve continuous improvement.
Safety at work
- We do not tolerate unauthorised conditions.
- We want all employees to have the right personal protective equipment and to be aware of workplace hazards and how to deal with them.
- We want all employees to take responsibility for occupational safety as a top priority. If safety at work is not ensured, then the work must be interrupted.